USB Broadcast Microphone Built for Podcasts
Boasting excellent sound quality and features built for content creation, the Shure MV7 USB microphone has become the mic of choice among Sweetwater’s podcast hosts and content creators. Inspired by the SM7B Broadcast Microphone, the MV7 has a highly directional cardioid pickup pattern that rejects unwanted background noise. Its optimized frequency response flatters voices of all kinds and has a pleasing proximity effect. This USB mic offers both USB and XLR outputs so you can record however you want to. A built-in headphone output provides direct monitoring while a touch control strip handles gain and monitoring levels. And with its onboard DSP, the sky is the limit with the Shure MV7 USB Podcast Microphone.
Inspired by Shure’s legendary broadcast microphone
Shure legendary SM7B broadcast microphone inspired the Shure MV7. Aside from being heard on classic records from Michael Jackson, John Mayer, and countless others, the Shure SM7B has enjoyed a run as the hottest podcast microphone on the planet. You’ve come to know the sound by watching hit interview-style podcasts on YouTube, listening to hot takes on sports, and tuning into your favorite true crime podcast. There’s only one problem — using an SM7B requires hundreds of dollars on other gear to be used. But with the MV7, you get the classic broadcast sound you know and love without all the hassle. Plug directly into your computer via the integrated USB output, and let the microphone do the work.
Sounding good has never been this easy
The MV7 is designed to make it easy to get a great take. It has touch controls that control both gain and headphone monitoring with a tap of your finger. And when we tested the microphone here at Sweetwater, we were extremely impressed with Shure’s Voice Isolation Technology. The MV7 effectively rejects background and room noise, so even untreated bedrooms and small apartment closets can sound like isolation booths. The mic also has Auto Level Mode (USB only) that actively adjusts your compression and gain settings to ensure your signal stays consistent for your listeners.
Use ShurePlus MOTIV Desktop for greater control
With the ShurePlus MOTIV desktop app, you get access to Shure’s extensive DSP control. Inside the app, you can choose from a selection of EQ presets or dial in a custom EQ preset for your voice. You can also save your own presets for compression and enable auto gain. The ShurePlus MOTIV app also makes recording easy — no matter what device you’re using. The interface is simple yet effective, editing is remarkably fast and intuitive, and you get full 24-bit/48kHz digital resolution. Plus, its compatibility with Dropbox and other export options streamlines the rest of your creative process.
MOTIV Video app records uncompressed audio for video
Available to all MOTIV users, the MOTIV Video app is your one-stop solution for premium video and audio captures. It features all the MOTIV audio app’s functionality, including gain control, EQ, and compression. On-screen audio metering helps you keep signal levels in the optimum range, and you can choose from WAV, AAC, or ALAC audio formats. And depending on your device, you can select 720p, 1080p, or even 4k video resolutions.
Built for a lifetime of use
Like all Shure microphones, the MV7 is built to stand the test of time. Its durable all-metal construction will withstand its fair share of bumps and bruises in the studio. It has a sturdy yoke that gives you almost 360 degrees of movement so you can place it perfectly each time. The robust close-talk windscreen helps deaden plosives and cut down on the harshness of your fricatives. Whether you use it for a year or a lifetime, you’ll enjoy the MV7’s excellent sound.
Shure MV7 USB Podcast Microphone Features
- USB dynamic microphone tailor-made for podcasting and content creation
- USB and XLR outputs let you record in analog or digital
- Onboard DSP lets you shape your sound
- Cardioid pickup pattern and Voice Isolation Technology resist background and room noise
- ShurePlus MOTIV app gives you total control of compression, EQ, and store presets
- Auto Level Mode automatically adjusts gain and compression for a well-balanced signal
- All-metal design makes this microphone tough enough for serious field use
- Sturdy yoke gives you enhanced positioning freedom
- Includes USB-A cable, USB-C cable, and thread adapter
- Microphone Type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- A/D Resolution: 24-bit/48kHz
- Max SPL: 132dB SPL
- Sensitivity: -55dBV/Pa
- Low Cut Filter: Highpass with Presence Boost
- Color: Black
- Connector: USB Micro-B, XLR, 1/8″ (headphones)
- Software: ShurePlus MOTIV Desktop app
- Requirements – Mac: macOS 10.13 or later, iOS 12 or later
- Requirements – PC: Windows 10 or later, Android 8 or later
- Power Source: USB bus powered
- Dimensions: 6.05″ x 3.55″
- Weight: 1.21 lbs.
- Included Accessories: USB Cable, Mic Yoke
- Manufacturer Part Number: MV7-K
What’s in the box?
1 x Shure MV7 USB Podcast Microphone (Black)
1 x Micro-B to USB-C Cable (10ft)
1 x Micro-B to USB-A Cable (10ft)